WE DID IT!
THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED! HERE'S THE FINAL AWARDS!
Tired of just sitting around the house doing nothing? Stand around the house filming something!
#OAL24SHSFF gives you the chance to participate in a community (and ex-pat community) wide film festival that you can do alone, with roommates, or with your family. Maybe all three. We don't judge.* Actually, we do judge, this festival. There are a list of rules, but here are the basics:
Top Ten Rules:
1) Films must be no more than 3-minutes long for Shorts, 10-seconds for Short Shorts
2) All works must be conceived, written, and filmed in 24 hours starting 5 p.m. (CST) Friday, May 8th, 2020
3) Films can be of any genre, we will be judging both adult and family films
4) All films must be shot and edited maintaining safe social distancing practices
5) All films must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 9th, 2020
6) All films will be posted to the #OAL24SHSFF YouTube channel
7) Winners will be announced at an amazingly quickly cobbled together award ceremony Sunday, May 10th, at 8 p.m. (CST), then posted for posterity.
8) Winners will receive the appreciation of all the townspeople of Lawrence, and not much else. This is for fun.
9) There is a recommended donation of $5.00 to the Ladybird lunch fund, but we'd rather have you than your money.
10) This is not for money, this is for something to do. You don't have to be good, you just have to have fun.
*but we do ask that you maintain safe social distancing.